Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Photographer's Prayer

I found this the other day on a blog and just thought it was perfect. I pray before every session...I always ask him to help me capture that perfect moment...I truly believe that we can do all things through him (it says so in scripture) and I always ask for him to work through me. I have my own words that I use, but never do they sound like this. (I am so happy that he knows my heart, because I have never thought I say the "right" words in prayer) It is beautiful. :)

Dear God,
As I bring my subject into focus and prepare to make each portrait,
never let me forget that I’m creating treasures for some family,
a keepsake for loved ones.
Make me sensitive to the qualities and virtues of others,
that I may draw out into the light, the beautiful radiant belongings of their hearts.
Help me, oh Lord, to be an artist,
collecting the beauty of every soul,
the glow of youth, the wisdom of age, the gentleness,
the laughter or tears of each life that is precious in thy sight.
Deeper than a means of livelihood,
give me the perspective to see my art as a service to others,
making life richer and more memorable.
And, dear Lord,
between the lights and shadows,
the ups and downs
and the rolling years,
keep me from getting out of focus or off center,
so that my life and work
may be framed with dignity and colored with contentment.
Amen!

PS I am officially caught up on proofing!!! Wahoo....I am not out of the woods just yet. I am now working on orders...So, if you are waiting for one...hang in there. I am still working like crazy trying to play catch up :) Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Tina December 3, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

BEAUTIFUL....You are so precious...
They are blessed to have you taking their pictures....

Anonymous December 5, 2008 at 6:05 PM  

LOVE the photographers prayer...thank you so much for sharing it with us. What a joy to know your heart before and during each session...It blessed me!

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed


Our Blogger Templates Web Design

ALL images on this blog and the christina g website are COPYRIGHT PROTECTED. It is illegal to scan, copy, print, or download images in any way or manner without the written permission by Christina Goold. This site is monitored for all unauthorized copying.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP