Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year! - New Funky Orange Chair! - Winner for December Lucky Blogger...

I can't believe how fast 2008 went by. It was a great year...I just want to say thank you to all of my clients over the past year. I look forward to 2009 :)

Yes, I am one of those who sets "new year's resolutions"...so, here they are (I can't believe I am telling the world what they are, YIKES :)
1. I joined weight watchers with my best friend Amy, yesterday. Yep, we already went to one meeting :) It's awesome! ? !
2. I would like to work a little less this year so that I can spend more quality time with my family. After the last 3 months, I really miss them... My kids are such a wonderful gift to me...the best gift I have ever been given.
3. I would like to be more dedicated and make it a priority above all else to have a daily devotional time. It amazes me that when I spend even just a little time every morning in the word, of how much better my day goes! I truly owe everything to him...I am so grateful for his grace!

My friend Crissy just let me borrow her studio lights...so, I played around with it today (in my almost-newly finished basement :). This seriously is the 1st time I have even touched a studio light. So, in the eyes of someone who knows studio lights, there is probably a ton wrong with them. These were taken with 1 light setup, with no metering, no custom wb and no reflector (all of which I would like to use in the future with studio lights). I am so excited to be using these...especially since my baby B is growing so fast - it is way to cold to be trying to capture pics of him using natural light outdoors. Thank you Crissy for letting me use these! I appreciate it so much!!! I also wanted to use my new orange chair. I cannot wait to use this in the summer, in the middle of a field of grass! Isn't it FABULOUS! I love props like these :)

I am going out of town next week for a photography workshop. One of the things I will be learning is studio lighting. I am really looking forward to it!

Oh! And I almost forgot! The winner for last month was lucky #2 post on December 24th - Dayna Stevens won a $50 print credit. Wahoo! I will post info for January's prize tomorrow...gotta go make a smoothie for my daughter :) Have a great night!

childrens photography

childrens photography

childrens photography

childrens photography

childrens photography

6 comments:

Dayna Stevens January 1, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

Stopping in to say Hi! Happy new year too! These photos look amazing. I can't wait to hear about your adventures in 2009.

Amy Waddington Photography January 1, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

BEAUTIFUL!!!! You don't need me to come over and help you.......looks like you got it....leave it to you...always PERFECTION! Even at the things you are new at!!! Thanks for telling everyone I started weight watcher's with you. DORK!:O)That was my little secret. I can't WAIT for next week!!! We are going to have a blast at the workshop. It's a bummer we can't eat a lot though......LOL

Anonymous January 3, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

Hey there!~love, love, love checking out your website/blog! Can't wait to see what 09 brings for you and your amazing God inspired gift of photography:) Have fun next week!

Tina January 4, 2009 at 7:05 PM  

Happy New Year Chris I hope you and Amy have a great time at the workshop...Your pictures are amazing as always....

dana.brandon & ethan. January 7, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

The kiddos are so gorgeous, these pictures are amazing!!
~We get to get our pictures soon!!!
Believe me i have not forgotten, i am counting down the days.. i have some very sad frames just hanging out in my bedroom waiting to be filled!

Oh and I think we're planning a sledding party @ the house with coacoa and the works for the kids sometime in the next month, i'll let you know!

Anonymous January 8, 2009 at 11:19 PM  

Christina!!! Your photos of Lauren in the orange chair are awesome!!! Well... they all are, but I especially like these! Happy New Year!!

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed


Our Blogger Templates Web Design

ALL images on this blog and the christina g website are COPYRIGHT PROTECTED. It is illegal to scan, copy, print, or download images in any way or manner without the written permission by Christina Goold. This site is monitored for all unauthorized copying.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP